United States of America
Format : Larger Booklet
|Notes / Commentary:||"The booklets were written, by Edward S. Ellis, as shown by the title page of the bound volume."--Johannsen, A. House of Beadle and Adams and its dime and nickel novels|
Approximate Dates of Issue: 1863-1864
Approximate Number of Issues: 12
This listing is a work in progress.
Items1. Simon Kenton's Indian Torture Ride; Mrs. Austin and the Bear; Brandt, the Chief, and Young M'Kown; Murphy Saving the Fort
2. Big Joe Logston; Deborah, the Maiden Warrior; Gen. Morgan's Prayer; Bravery of the Johnson Boys
3. A Great Hunting Adventure; Colonel Harry's Exploits; Elerson's Famous Race; Molly Pitcher at Monmouth
4. The Little Sentinel; Tecumseh and the Prisoners; Horsewhipping a Tyrant; The Mother's Trial
5. Women Defending the Wagon; Captivity of Jonathan Alder; Moody, the Refugee; The Leap for Life
6. The Chieftain's Appeal; The Implacable Governor; Mrs. Slocum at Moore's Creek; Brady's Leap
7. The Minnesota Captive; Stephen Ball Hung by Tones; Mrs. Palmer and Putnam; Kenton Saving Boone's Life
8. Jacob Wetzel Saved by his Dog; Arnold and Colonel Brown; Coacoochee's Talk; Mad Ann, the Huntress
9. Francisco, the Western Samson; The Indian Girl Saving Howard; Hughes Killing the Turkey; Hamilton Saving his Cloth
10. Magnanimity of Rhon-yen-ness; Woman Capturing the Hessian; Battle of Bloody Brook; the Heroic Dog
11. Sergeant Champe's Recognition; Colonel Crawford's Fate Decided; Owen Davis Carving out Court Business; Miss Moncrieff, the Female Spy
12. The Last Blast of Anthony, the Trumpeteer; McClure and the Old Indian; Escape of Captain Steele; Pioneer Life in the West
No comments available.
Please log in to leave a comment.