Please log in to leave a comment.
Richard K. Fox
(New York (N.Y.): Franklin Square and Dover Street)
Format : Paperback ("Thickbook")
|Dates:||January 1, 1883 to July 1, 1883|
|Price:||25¢ ($6.00 per year)|
|Size:||6 x 9 1/2"|
|Illustrations:||Illustrated. Pictorial cover in one color.|
|Physical Description:||No. 7 is buff colored with black lettering and center illustration in black and white.|
|Notes / Commentary:||
List of nos. 1-12 taken from Fox's Illustrated Week's Doings vol. 2, no. 30 dated Nov. 3, 1883. No. 13 found in an advertisement on page 15 of the Jan. 15, 1884 Police Gazette. Issues are dated in this listing assuming a regular semi-monthly schedule; not all dates are confirmed, as not all issues have been seen.
This series seems to be the successor to The Police Gazette Series of Famous Criminals.
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, Believed Complete|
Items1. A Spangled World; or, Life in a Circus
2. The Outlaw Brothers. Life and Adventures of Frank and Jesse James
3. Paris by Gaslight; or, Gay Life in the Gayest City in the World Exposed
4. Cupid's Crimes; or, The Tragedies of Love
5. Billy LeRoy
6. Life of John L. Sullivan
7. Famous Frauds; or, The Sharks of Society
8. The Mysteries of Mormonism
9. Bandits of the West
10. Man Traps of New York
11. Paris Inside Out
12. Secrets of the Stage; or, The Mysteries of the Playhouse Unveiled
13. Coney Island Frolics
No comments available.