Please log in to leave a comment.
Continental Publishing Co.
(Chicago (Ill.): 113 Quincy St.)
Format : Paperback ("Thickbook")
|Issues:||15 (Highest number seen)|
|Dates:||June 1891 to 1892|
|Size:||7 3/8 x 5"|
|Illustrations:||Colored pictorial cover|
|Physical Description:||Story title centered at top, white on red. Series title centered with a badge with three pictures, one of a convict, one of a man being shot and centered beneath the badge, paraphernalia used by detectives. Center of badge has picture of horse-drawn police wagon. All of the above in bluish tint. Series title, story title on spine in red.|
|Notes / Commentary:||The original LeBlanc listing included only Nos. 1-7, based on his examination of a single issue (No. 7). Nos. 8 and 15 were added based on WorldCat listings.|
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, With Gaps|
Items1. The Stolen Letter; or, Frank Sharp, the Washington Detective
2. Kemmler; or, The Fatal Chair
3. The Mystery of the Fast Mail
4. Tracked By a Woman; or, The Female Detective
5. The Benwell Mystery
6. Life of Ben Hogan, the Ex-wickedest Man in the World
7. Freak of Fate; or, Lawyer Manton of Chicago
8. The Whitechapel mystery; "Jack the Ripper." A psychological problem
15. Mysteries of Chicago
No comments available.