Please log in to leave a comment.
John W. Lovell Co.
(New York (N.Y.): 150 Worth St., Cor. Mission Place)
Seaside Publishing Co. (New York (N.Y.): 142-144 Worth St.) -- United States
United States Book Co. -- United States
Format : Paperback ("Thickbook")
|Issues:||30 (Highest number seen advertised)|
|Dates:||January 1890 to June 1892|
|Schedule:||Monthly (So stated on issues examined by LeBlanc, but evidently issued more often as indicated by publication dates)|
|Size:||7 1/4 x 4 7/8"|
|Illustrations:||Black and white pictorial cover|
|Publisher's Blurb:||None noted|
|Notes / Commentary:||
Publisher switched from John W. Lovell Company to United States Book Company some time after No. 8. Copies of No. 29 examined were attributed to Seaside Publishing Company.
The original LeBlanc listing only included Nos. 1-8, 10, 12, 20 and 27-28. No. 11 was added from a Publisher's Weekly issue from 1891. No. 29 was added from online auction listings (which included photos). No. 30 was added from The Annual American Catalogue.
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, With Gaps|
Items1. Miss Mephistopheles
2. The Mystery of the Fast Mail
3. Tracked and Taken
4. The Night Mail; or, The Passenger from Scotland Yard
5. The Man from Manchester
6. True Detective Stories
7. Life in London
8. Hands Up!; or, The Great Bank Burglary
10. Harry Pinkurten, the Boss Detective
11. Macon Moore, the Southern Detective
12. Walter Wheeler, the Scout Detective
20. The Lerouge Case
27. Lovell's Detective Series, no. 27 (Monsieur Lecoq)
28. Lovell's Detective Series, no. 28 (Monsieur Lecoq)
29. A Study in Scarlet
No comments available.