Please log in to leave a comment.
R. F. Fenno & Co.
(New York (N.Y.): 9 and 11 East 16th St.)
Format : Reprint Library
|Issues:||83 (Highest number seen)|
|Dates:||March 1895 to 1901|
|Size:||7 x 4 3/4"|
|Illustrations:||Some issues had 4 full page illustrations on laid paper.|
From The Bookseller, Newsdealer and Stationer, April 15, 1900, page 144:
"The only copyright line of 50-cent books on the market sold by the publishers to the trade at 20 cents per copy, or $19.00 per hundred. Recent popular fiction constantly added to the list.
We invite your careful perusal of the entire list and bespeak your hearty co-operation for the reason of enormous profits to be obtained. While all are bound in substantial green paper, each individual volume has its own particular appropriate design (a reproduction of the cloth stamp)."
|Physical Description:||Variously designed covers in dark green shades. Heavy book paper and heavy covers.|
|Notes / Commentary:||The original LeBlanc listing included only Nos. 13, 20, 39, 51-52, 69 and 73. No. 8 was added from a digitized copy in Google Books. No. 46 was added from a Google Books listing. No. 61 and 75 were added from auction listings. Nos. 10, 17, 42, 58-59, 62, 65, 67, 77, 79-80 and 82-83 were added from WorldCat records. No. 74 was added from a WorldCat listing with a date but no number; the number was inferred from surrounding dates. No. 66 was added from a bookseller's listing.|
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||In Progress, Partial Listing Available|
Items8. A Galloway Herd
10. Jack Horner : a Virginian novel
13. The Professor's Experiment
17. Aubert Dubayet; or, The Two Sister Republics
20. The Betrayal of John Fordham
39. The Splendid Spur
42. The dagger and the cross : a romance
46. Warren Hyde
51. Vicomte de Payjoli. A Romance of the French Revolution
52. The Golden Age in Transylvania
58. Margaret Moncrieffe, the first love of Aaron Burr : a romance of the revolution, with an appendix containing the letters of Colonel Burr to "Kate" and "Eliza," and from "Leonora," etc., etc.
59. Pretty Miss Neville
60. The house in the hills
61. The Yellow Danger
62. The Phantom Future
65. The irony of life ; the Polanetzki family
66. Captain Satan; or, The Adventures of Cyrano de Bergerac
67. Peggy of the Bartons
69. Brown, V. C.
73. The Mystery of Fourways
74. Father and son
75. The Voyage of the Pulo Way
77. The story of a genius
79. Not in the prospectus
80. An English Woman's Love Letters
82. What's bred in the bone
83. An Auld Licht Manse, and Other Sketches
No comments available.