Please log in to leave a comment.
F. M. Lupton
(New York (N.Y.): 72-76 Walker St.)
Format : Reprint Library
|Issues:||31 (highest number seen advertised; see notes below regarding possible #65)|
|Dates:||1890's (Started 1891, exact end date unknown)|
|Size:||7 x 4 3/4"|
|Pages:||400 to 500|
|Publisher's Blurb:||"The series embraces the complete works of Charles Dickens, W. M. Thackeray and George Eliot. Each book is one large octavo volume of from 400 to 500 pages, printed from large type on good paper and bound in handsome paper covers. The best paper covered edition of these standard authors on the market."|
|Notes / Commentary:||Listing taken from Elite Series #9 dated March 16, 1892. Dates for #1 and #14 taken from online bookseller listings. LeBlanc listing has handwritten note indicating that Library of Congress has #65, Nicholas Nickleby; since this title is also part of the series as #1, a second listing for that title has not been added here pending further investigation.|
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, With Gaps|
Items1. Nicholas Nickleby
2. David Copperfield
3. Martin Chuzzlewit
4. The Pickwick Papers
5. Bleak House
6. Little Dorrit
7. Dombey & Son
8. Our Mutual Friend
9. Oliver Twist, Pictures from Italy and American Notes (Oliver Twist and 2 more items)
10. The Old Curiosity Shop and Hard Times (The Old Curiosity Shop and 1 more item)
11. A Tale of Two Cities and Sketches by Boz (A Tale of Two Cities and 1 more item)
12. Barnaby Rudge and The Mystery of Edwin Drood (Barnaby Rudge and 1 more item)
13. Great Expectations, The Uncommercial Traveler, and Miscellaneous (Great Expectations and 1 more item)
14. Christmas Stories and Reprinted Pieces (Christmas Stories and 1 more item)
15. A Child's History of England and Miscellaneous
16. Vanity Fair and Lovel the Widower (Vanity Fair and 1 more item)
17. The History of Pendennis
18. The Virginians
19. The Newcomes
20. The Adventures of Philip. A Shabby Genteel Story, and Catharine
21. Henry Esmond, Barry Lyndon, and Denis Duval
22. The Roundabout Papers, Four Georges, etc.
23. The Paris Sketch Book, Irish Sketch Book, etc.
24. The Book of Snobs, Great Hogarty Diamond, etc.
25. Burlesques, Yellowplush Papers, etc.
27. Daniel Deronda and The Lifted Veil
28. Romola, The Spanish Gipsy and Brother Jacob (Romola and 2 more items)
29. Adam Bede, Poems and Essays
30. The Mill on the Floss, Silas Marner and Theophrastus Such (The Mill on the Floss and 2 more items)
31. Felix Holt, the Radical and Scenes of a Clerical Life
No comments available.