Please log in to leave a comment.
(New York (N.Y.): 17 to 27 Vandewater Street)
Format : Paperback ("Thickbook")
|Issues:||53 (Highest number seen)|
|Dates:||January 1892 to August 15, 1896|
|Schedule:||Nos. 1 through 48 Monthly; 49 through 53 quarterly.|
|Size:||7 1/8 x 4 3/4"|
|Pages:||100 to 150|
|Illustrations:||Colored pictorial cover of one design for all issues. Early issues had 1 to 3 black and white illustrations on the inside.|
|Physical Description:||Two formats have been seen. First is yellowish green cover with red and blue lettering. Young man on horseback is pictured galloping from a forest, lariat in hand. Date at top above rule running completely around the cover making a half inch border. Postal imprint and subscription rate at top just under rule. "The Boys' Dashaway Series" above and below the illustration. "Issued monthly. Price 10 cts." on a curled ribbon to the lower left. Story title in red with author on label takes up most of the lower right of cover. Number at bottom left just above rule. Copyright notice centered. The second format has a brownish cover with a colored illustration showing a mounted young man being pursued by Indians. Schedule at top left. Price at top right. "The Boys' Dashaway Series" above and below illustration. Publisher's imprint at lower left. Date centered at top. Postal imprint and copyright notice just above title. Title and author at lower left of cover. Spine has No., story title and author and price. Earlier format has no writing on spine.|
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, Believed Complete|
Items1. The Man of Death; or, The Mysterious Hunter
2. Dashaway Charley
3. Eagle Eyes, the Scout
4. The Trapper's Retreat
5. Dashaway Charley's Second Term at Ranleigh; or, The Further Adventures of an American Boy in England
6. Dashaway Charlie's Last Term at Ranleigh; or, The Final Adventures of the American Boy in England
7. The Wild Man of the Woods
8. Injun Paul; or, The Prairie Cat. An Arizonian Romance
9. Dashaway Charley on the Plains; or, Black Pete Among the Injuns
10. The Young Pioneers; or, The Hermit of the Cavern
11. The Yankee Champion; or, The Cave Prisoner
12. The Boy Yachtsman; or, The Cruise of the "Storm King"
13. Doings at School and at Sea; or, Lily Gray's Beau. A Canadian Tale
14. The Boy Whalers; or, Life on the North Pacific
15. The Boys and Girls of Silver Creek Academy. A Tale of Fun, Love, and Adventure on Land and Water
16. Fun, Love and Adventure on Land and Water
17. Among the Reds; or, Fred and Bert Beyond the Rocky Mountains
18. The Red Star; or, Fred and Bert in the South Seas
19. The Adventurers
20. The Pearl of the Andes. A Tale of Love and Adventure. Being the Continuation of "The Adventurers"
21. The Trail-Hunter: A Tale of the Far West. Being the Continuation of "The Pearl of the Andes"
22. The Pirates of the Prairie
23. The Trapper's Daughter; or, The Outlaw's Fate
24. The Tiger-Slayer. A Tale of the Far West. Being the Continuation of "The Trapper's Daughter"
25. The Gold Seeker
26. The Indian Chief. A Tale of the Desert. Being the Continuation of "The Trapper's Daughter"
27. The Red Track. A Story of Social Life in Mexico. Being the Continuation of "The Indian Chief"
28. The Guide of the Desert
29. The Insurgent Chief. Being the Continuation of The Guide of the Desert"
30. The Flying Horseman. Being the Continuation of "The Insurgent Chief"
31. The Border Rifles
32. The Freebooters. A Story of the Texan War
33. The White Scalper. A Story of the Texan War
34. The Missouri Outlaws
35. The Prairie Flower. Being the Continuation of "The Missouri Outlaws"
36. The Indian Scout
37. The Bee-Hunter
38. Stoneheart. Being the Continuation of "The Bee-Hunter"
39. The Rebel Chief
40. The Last of the Aucas
41. The Buccaneer Chief
42. The Queen of the Savannah
43. The Red River Half-Breed
44. The Treasure of Pearls
45. The Trappers of Arkansas
47. The Smuggler Hero
48. The Island Demon; or, The Exile of the South Seas
49. Bound to Win
50. The Boy Detective's Triumph; or, A Life of Peril
51. Jack Fletcher's Success
52. Bob O'Link; or, The Boys of Chicago
53. Another Boy Detective
No comments available.