Beadle and Adams (1872-1898)
(New York (N.Y.): No. 98 William Street)
|Dates:||May 8, 1876 to Apr. 23, 1877|
|Size:||6 3/4" x 4 1/4"|
|Pages:||80 - 100|
|Illustrations:||Stencil-colored cover; some have frontispiece.|
|Physical Description:||These are mid-size booklets. They have white wrappers with front illustrations in colors. They have stabbed binding. The headers are not as ornamented as other dime novel series.|
|Notes / Commentary:||Ten issues of this series are re-printings of the Dime Biographical Library.|
|Primary Data Source:||Johannsen|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, Believed Complete|
Items1. The Life of George Washington
2. The Life and Exploits of John Paul Jones, Chevalier and Rear-Admiral: Embracing a Full Account of his Services in the American, French, and Russian Navies
3. The Life, Times and Services of Anthony Wayne ("Mad Anthony"): Brigadier-General in the War of the Revolution, and Commander-in-Chief of the Army During the Indian War
4. The Life and Times of Colonel Ethan Allen, the Hero of Ticonderoga: With a Full Account of the "War of the New Hampshire Grants"
5. The Life and Services of Major General, the Marquis de Lafayette
6. The Life and Times of Colonel Daniel Boone, the Hunter of Kentucky: With Sketches of his Cotemporaries; Narratives of St. Clair's Defeat; Mrs. Merrill's Adventures, Etc., Etc.
7. The Life and Adventures of Colonel David Crockett: Embracing his Career as Hunter, Soldier and Congressman; with a Full Account of his Texan Exploits and Glorious Death at the Alamo
8. The Life and Times of Israel Putnam, Maj.-Gen. in the Continental Army
9. The Life and Times of Christopher Carson, the Rocky Mountain Scout and Guide. With Reminiscences of Fremont's Exploring Expedition and Notes on Life in New Mexico
10. The Life of Tecumseh, the Shawnee Chief: Including Biographical Notices of Black-Hoof, Cornstalk, Little Turtle, Tarhe (the Crane Captain), Logan, Keokuk, and Other Distinguished Shawnee Chiefs
11. The Private and Public Life of Abraham Lincoln: Comprising a Full Account of his Early Years, and a Succinct Record of his Career as a Statesman and President
12. The Life of Pontiac the Conspirator, Chief of the Ottawas: Together with a Full Account of the Siege of Detroit
13. The Life of Ulysses Sydney Grant, General, U.S.A.: Comprising the Story of his Early Years; The Record of his Cadetship and Experiences in the War with Mexico; The Narrative of his "Business Experiences"; and a Full History of his Memorable Services in the War for the Union
No comments available.
Please log in to leave a comment.