Beadle and Company
(New York (N.Y.): 141 William St.)
|Dates:||Dec. 20, 1860 to 1865|
|Schedule:||Monthly (nos. 1-10), irregular (nos. 11-15)|
|Size:||6 1/2" x 4 1/2"|
|Illustrations:||Some covers feature portraits of the biography's subject.|
|Physical Description:||Small booklets of approximately 100 pages in orange wrappers, most of which resemble Beadle's Dime Novels.|
|Notes / Commentary:||Special "memorial editions" were issued after the deaths of Lincoln and Grant.|
|Primary Data Source:||Johannsen|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, Believed Complete|
Items1. The Life of Joseph Garibaldi, the Liberator of Italy: Complete up to the Withdrawal of Garibaldi to his Island Home after the Neapolitan Campaign, 1860
2. The Life and Times of Colonel Daniel Boone, the Hunter of Kentucky: With Sketches of his Cotemporaries; Narratives of St. Clair's Defeat; Mrs. Merrill's Adventures, Etc., Etc.
3. The Life and Times of Christopher Carson, the Rocky Mountain Scout and Guide. With Reminiscences of Fremont's Exploring Expedition and Notes on Life in New Mexico
4. The Life, Times and Services of Anthony Wayne ("Mad Anthony"): Brigadier-General in the War of the Revolution, and Commander-in-Chief of the Army During the Indian War
5. The Life and Adventures of Colonel David Crockett: Embracing his Career as Hunter, Soldier and Congressman; with a Full Account of his Texan Exploits and Glorious Death at the Alamo
6. The Life, and Military and Civic Services of Lieut.-Gen. Winfield Scott: Complete up to the Present Period
7. The Life of Pontiac the Conspirator, Chief of the Ottawas: Together with a Full Account of the Siege of Detroit
8. The Life of Major-Gen. John C. Fremont: With a Full Account of his Rocky Mountain Explorations and Adventures
9. The Life and Exploits of John Paul Jones, Chevalier and Rear-Admiral: Embracing a Full Account of his Services in the American, French, and Russian Navies
10. The Life and Services of Major General, the Marquis de Lafayette
11. The Life of Tecumseh, the Shawnee Chief: Including Biographical Notices of Black-Hoof, Cornstalk, Little Turtle, Tarhe (the Crane Captain), Logan, Keokuk, and Other Distinguished Shawnee Chiefs
12. The Life of Major-Gen. Ge. B. McClellan, Late General-in-Chief U.S.A.: Including the Campaign in Mexico, the Red River Exploration Expedition, the Pacific Railway Survey, the European Commission, Etc.
13. Parson Brownlow, and the Unionists of East Tennessee with a Sketch of His Life: Comprising the Story of the Experiences and Sufferings of the Unionists of East Tennessee; The Parson's Remarkable Adventures; Incidents of the Prison-Life of Himself and Coadjutors; Anecdotes of his Daughter; Editorials of the Knoxville Whig; Together with an Interesting Account of Buell's Occupation of Tennessee
14. The Private and Public Life of Abraham Lincoln: Comprising a Full Account of his Early Years, and a Succinct Record of his Career as a Statesman and President
15. The Life of Ulysses Sydney Grant, Lieutenant-General, U.S.A.: Comprising the Story of his Early Years; The Record of his Cadetship and Experiences in the War with Mexico; The Narrative of his "Business Experiences"; and a Full History of his Memorable Services in the War for the Union
No comments available.
Please log in to leave a comment.