Please log in to leave a comment.
Emile Zola's Great Realistic Works
T. B. Peterson & Brothers
(Philadelphia (Pa.): 306 Chestnut St.)
|Issues:||22 (Highest number seen advertised)|
|Physical Description:||Not known|
|Notes / Commentary:||
LeBlanc's listing indicates that the titles were unnumbered; presumably the order of the listing here is based on an advertisement.
One title not included in LeBlanc's listing, The Jolly Parisiennes, was found in a digitized copy in the Internet Archive, dated 1888. This includes a list of "Emile Zola's Great Realistic Works," consisting of the same 21 titles provided by LeBlanc (but in a slightly different order). That title is listed here without numbering. Since Peterson's publications often have no formal series titles, it is likely that multiple editions of these books exist containing different advertising and branding.
|Primary Data Source:||LeBlanc|
|Data Entry Status:||Done, Believed Complete|
ItemsThe Jolly Parisiennes; and other novelettes
1. La Terre (The Soil)
2. Nana : Sequel to L'Assommoir
3. L'Assommoir; or, Nana's Mother
4. Christine, the Model; or, Studies of Love and Artist Life in the Studios of Paris
5. The Shop Girls of Paris. With Their Daily Life in a Large Dry Goods Store
6. Renee; or, In the Whirlpool
7. Nana's Brother
8. The Flower Girls of Marseilles
9. The Joys of Life
11. The Flower and Market Girls of Paris
12. Nana's Daughter : Sequel to Nana
13. The Mysteries of the Court of Louis Napoleon
14. The Girl in Scarlet; or, The Loves of Silvere and Miette
15. Albine; or, The Abbe's Temptation
16. Helene, a Love Episode. A Tale of Love and Passion
17. A Mad Love; or, The Abbe and His Court
18. Her Two Husbands
19. Claude's Confession
20. Magdalen Ferat
21. Therese Raquin
No comments available.